Saturday, May 26, 2012

Recipe for Yummy Smelling Homemade Baby Wipes using doTerra Wild Orange Essential Oil


I made the most amazing all natural baby wipes 
and they smell awesome!  
I used DoTerra's Wild Orange essential oil.  It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflamatory properties.  It is calming and uplifting to the mind and the body.  I like to call it the "happy oil" because it just makes you feel happy! Why make your own baby wipes?

My favorite wipes recipe is an adaptation of Wellness Mama's recipe.  Make sure you use Bounty or Scott brand paper towels as others will rip too easily. I used Dr. Bronner's soap which I purchased at a health food store for around $10 a bottle.  The bottle is huge and will last for a very long time.  I use a tiny amount of the soap when I bathe my daughter and shampoo her hair.  It is totally natural and has no harmful ingredients.

Although I used the DoTerra's Wild Orange, other oils can be used such as lavandar (soothing for skin) or peppermint (invigorating).  It is fun to try a different scent each time you make a batch.

Wild Orange Baby Wipes Recipe

Ingredients:

One roll of paper towels*
An old wipes container or other container to store wipes in
1 3/4 cups boiled water, cooled but still warm
1 Tablespoon pure witch hazel (available at drug stores)
1/2-1 Tablespoons of liquid castille soap (I also use it for bathing my little girl as it is all natural)
5 drops of pure vitamin E oil or the contents of two gel capsules
1 Tablespoon pure aloe vera gel, good for skin but optional
1 Tablespoons of carrier oil (coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil), for moisturizing but optional
5-10 drops of DoTerra's Wild Orange essential oil (adjust essential oil amount based on kind of oil.  See note below)

Cut the roll of paper towels in half.  You will only use one half of the roll for this recipe.  I used my electric knife to cut the roll.  Mix the water, witch hazel, soap, vitamin E, aloe vera, oil and essential oil together in the container.  Place the paper towel roll in the container.  Roll the paper towel roll around and squish it a little.  Once it has absorbed all the liquid, remove the cardboard tube.  Enjoy!

*I've heard for years that you have to use Bounty brand but I prefer Scott brand because they hold up well and have the "choose a size" option which makes a better size for baby wipes.  I actually prefer the smaller size and the way the Scott brand feels as a wipe.  I buy the mega roll choose a size

For safety reasons, make sure you only use CPTG oils.  To purchase the wild orange, go to my doterra site here, click on the "shop" tab and then type "wild orange" in the search box.

Please note:  I have slightly changed the recipe again.  The changes are reflected above.  Instead of 2 Tablespoons of the soap, I have cut back to 1 Tablespoon because I thought they were too soapy.  I cut the carrier oil (I use coconut) down to 1 Tablespoon because they seemed a little too greasy.  I also increase or decrease the amount of essential oils I use because some are stronger than others.  For example, I use 10+ drops of Wild Orange oil but only about 2 drops of Peppermint.  Lime is also a great scent to use.  I make three batches at once so I have a container in the kitchen, one in the family room and one in my daughter's bedroom.  I love them!


2 comments:

Shana Brink said...

this is wonderful thanks.

Angela said...

:) Gotta love that Wild Orange and knowing we aren't wiping toxins on our kids every time we use a wipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...