Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fruit Infused Water with a Splash of Essential Oils!


Make Your Own Flavored Waters 
Using Essential Oils!
Read on for how to make refreshing, no-calorie flavored waters.

The other day, I ran across this blog post featuring fruit infused water and decided I had to give it a doTerra twist!  So, for my workshop last night we made fruit infused, essential oil flavored water!  We filled one pitcher with water and then slipped in orange slices from our tree and added a few drops each of Grapefruit, Wild Orange and Citrus Bliss doTerra essential oils.  The next pitcher of water had sliced strawberries and a few drops of doTerra Lime essential oil. To the third pitcher, we added blackberries and doTerra Peppermint essential oil.  You can actually mash the fruit a bit to get more flavor. (Many thanks to my sister-in-law, Janette, for her help with the food last night!)

We let the fruit essence infuse the water for a couple of hours and at the end of the class, added ice and did a quick stir.

Oh my gosh!!!!   I'm in love with these essential oil flavored waters and this is the best recipe for essential oil flavored waters because it is quick, easy, cheap and healthy! 

Pretty much little to no calories and the complete goodness of "good for you" essential oils!  So refreshing and cheap and easy to make!  My favorite was the strawberry lime.  The blackberry flavor was hard to taste so next time I'll make sure the berries are more flavorful.  The citrus was nice too but make sure you stir it up before anyone tries it!  Someone at the workshop poured a glass before it was stirred and it wasn't so tasty since the oils had floated to the top and were super strong!  I wanted to make a pineapple ginger one using fresh pineapple and doTerra Ginger essential oil but I didn't get to the store to pick up the pineapple.  I bet it will transport me mentally and emotionally to the islands!

Try some-I guarantee you will fall in love!  Beats the typical lemon or even cucumber slice infused water you see at functions and is so pretty and refreshing.

2 comments:

Kendra Richardson said...

{LOVE} this idea angie! I'm going to make some of those to share at my oil class on the 19th! I think I'm going to have to try your truffle recipe and your fruit dip recipe as well!!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Angela said...

Yeayyyy! Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...