Wednesday, April 24, 2013

doTerra Lemon Essential Oil for Stain Removal


A friends sent me an email asking if essential oil would stain her clothes and how to get it out:

"...I spilled oregano on my jeans, will it leave a stain? Any idea how I should treat it?"

My first choice would be to get the stain out using essential oil.  Really?  Yes!  Some essential oils, like lemon, actually help get stains out.  I'd just put a drop of lemon oil on the spot, rub it in, let it sit a minute and then hand wash and air dry (so as not to set the stain with the heat from the dryer) and retreat if needed.


For a non-essential oil option, I would use Goop, a hand cleaner mechanics use, because it gets grease stains out even after they have been laundered.  Some stores carry it but I have trouble finding it sometimes.  Last time I found it at the 99 cent store and bought up a bunch.  


If not Goop, I would use Dawn dish washing detergent (not dishwasher).  You've probably heard they use it to get oil off ducks and birds after an oil rig spill.  I'd just rub the concentrate on the stain and let it sit for about half an hour and then rinse out.  I would let it air dry rather than put it in the dryer (where it will set any remaining stain) and then re-treat it with Dawn or Goop if there is anything left. If you don't have Dawn, I would just use whatever dish washing detergent you have and see how it looks after it dries.  I'm sure you will be able to get it out.

Good luck!


Lemon essential oil is also great for cleaning.  Add a few drops to a spray bottle of water and spray counter tops, door knobs and clean stainless steel appliances!  To clean a microwave, fill a a bowl with water and add about 5 drops of doTerra lemon essential oil and then turn microwave on high for about 5 minutes.  The steam will have loosened the gunk and then all you have to do is simply wipe it down with a cloth.



Lemon  offers it’s “liquid sunshine” as a powerful essential oil for purifying, and cleansing. It offers an amazing antibacterial agent which leaves only the uplifting aroma of fresh and clean. Diffusing lemon not only cleanse the air and neutralizes odors but also creates an uplifting mood. With a few drops and some honey Lemon soothes a sore throat.
Oil Properties: anticancer, antidepressant, antifungal, antiviral, antiseptic, antioxidant, refreshing, astringent, invigorating, and a tonic.

doTerra Lemon essential oil costs 
$13.33 Retail and $10.50 wholesale.

There are about 250 drops in a bottle  which works out to be .05 per drop retail and .042 wholesale.

Pretty cheap stain removal!

To buy Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...